A once-in-a-generation talent, Cécile McLorin Salvant comes to Australia in November, and will perform in Perth for one night only as a headline act of this year’s Perth International Jazz Festival.
Since winning the Thelonious Monk vocal competition in 2010, aged 21, McLorin Salvant has continued to accumulate global accolades for her recordings and performances. Six albums display her unique musicianship, from her debut WomanChild in 2013 through to this year’s multilingual release Mélusine.
She has won three consecutive Grammy Awards for Best Jazz Vocal Album (For One To Love (2015), Dreams and Daggers (2017), and The Window (2018)), while her 2022 album Ghost Song has been nominated for two Grammys.
The French-Haitian multi-hyphenate singer-composer-visual artist was raised in Miami and trained in classical music as a child before going on to study French law at university, while also undertaking studies in baroque music and jazz in Aix-en-Provence.
Her innate storytelling ability weaves together a range of musical styles including jazz, vaudeville, blues, theatre and folk music.
Cécile will be joined by outstanding musicians Sullivan Fortner (piano), Yasushi Nakamura (bass) and Kyle Pool (drums).
Be among the special few in Australia to witness the musical mastery of Cécile McLorin Salvant in this one-off performance as part of PIJF.
|Early Release (until 3 August)||Standard Release (from 4 August)|
|A Reserve||$115 Standard, $105 Concession||$125 Standard, $115 Concession|
|B Reserve||$95 Standard, $90 Concession||$105 Standard, $95 Concession|
|C Reserve||$70 Standard, $60 Concession||$80 Standard, $70 Concession|
Why not join the Jazz Messenger Club and save 10%!
- Please note that Concession tickets are available for students and concession card holders.
- If you book online and print your own tickets, there are no booking charges.
- If you contact WATickets to book a wheelchair space, or need to make a group booking (minimum group size varies per event), there are also no booking charges.
- There is a charge of $5 per transaction for exchanges, or for making a booking on your behalf on the ticketing phone line.
- Ticketing is through Tickets WA.