The Rechabite in Northbridge is a multi-level palace of surprise and delight, resurrected from the ruins of a century old heritage hall in the heart of Perth’s entertainment and cultural precincts – and it’s the Festival Hub for PIJF.
The Rechabite Hall was built by The Independent Order of Rechabites, an international temperance movement that once straddled the globe with their biblical mission to fight the evil influence of liquor. The hall was a place where people gathered in the spirit of community, conviviality and abstinence from strong drink. They continue to uphold the first two and categorically ignore the third!
From Goodwill Club in the basement, through Double Rainbow Eating House and up to Hello Rooftop Bar, the complex offers four floors of eclectic entertainment and hospitality treats, wrapped around The Rechabite Hall, an iconic live performance space where anything can happen and probably will.
How to get there
- Perth Train Station – 400m walk
- Perth Busport – 400m walk
- Please see https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/ public transport timetables
- Paid parking is available in City of Perth Carparks located on Roe Street or Francis Street.
- For more information, please visit https://www.cityofperthparking.com.au/
Where to stay
- Alex Hotel