The Perth International Jazz Festival (PIJF) promotes jazz music to the wider community, including the international community. It aims to bring inspiring music by talented musicians from around Australia and the world to Perth, and present creative programs in an accessible and vibrant way.
We are looking for a General Manager who is collaborative and self-motivated and has demonstrated business acumen including strong financial skills. They will work closely with the Board, staff, and stakeholders and must have excellent leadership, HR and relationship-building skills.
The General Manager will be the operational leader of PIJF and will work closely with the Business Development Manager and Board to implement strategic goals and build organisation sustainability.
This part-time position for two days per week is financed through funding from the Federal Government’s Restart Investment to Sustain and Expand (RISE) grant program, based in flexible working space but requiring some intra state travel.
FUNCTION OF THE ROLE
To ensure the smooth functioning of the organisation through the effective provision of:
- Overall control of operational programs and processes to meet the organisation’s objectives
- Management and strategic direction of reporting staff
- Management of organisational human resources, industrial relations and staff issues
- Management of organisational budgeting and financial reporting processes
- Support of the Board
- Effective representation and promotion of the organisation and its goals to all stakeholders
JOB SELECTION CRITERIA
- At least three years senior management experience, ideally in an arts based organisation.
- Demonstrate to a high degree a record of success in staff management and leadership.
- Demonstrate a high degree of capacity for clear strategic thinking, planning and problem solving.
- Demonstrate to a high degree of skill strengths in interpersonal communications and relationship building.
- Demonstrate to a high degree, an understanding of financial management and budgetary control skills.
- Demonstrate high level communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and liaise effectively at senior levels.
- Proven ability to secure funding from Government and non-Government sources.
- Demonstrate ability to select and apply appropriate leadership and management strategies to meet the demands of a challenging and high-pressure work environment.
- Demonstrate experience in culture and the arts.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Western Australian arts sector.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human resources and industrial relations processes.
- Demonstrate a capacity to effectively represent and promote the organisation and its vision.
Qualifications: Management, human resources, business, or the arts at a tertiary level will be highly regarded.
Please send a cover letter briefly addressing the selection criteria, as well as a current CV (PDF format preferred) to: [email protected]
Applications close: 12pm AWST on Thursday 21 April 2022
PIJF Inc. is proud to be the first Australian organisation to adopt the We Have Voice collective’s Code of Conduct to Promote Safe(r) Workplaces in the Performing Arts.
Last updated: Thursday, April 7th 2022